It's time for the August questions and book selection for Literary Junkies. Literary Junkies is the wonderful idea of Taylor at Pink Heels, Pink Truck and Lesley at By The Porchlight. Each month we dish our literary favorites and discuss the month's book choice, see below how you can join up.
This month's questions
1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!I have a ton on my tbr list but right now I'm reading The Newcomer by Robyn Carr and All of You by Christina Lee
2. What is one book you think every person should read at least once in their life? Why?Everyone should read a Harry Potter book at least once, preferably the first one. There are hundreds of serious and mature books out there that you'll read in your life either for school or because you want/feel the need to but read Harry Potter to discover a world on to it's own and oh, so magical.
3. Do you think you could ever write a book? If so what genre would it be?I've never wrote a whole book but I've written several short stories and novellas over the years. As I've gotten older the characters have aged with me but romance is always the common theme. Big surprise, huh?
4. Do you listen to audiobooks? Do you look for the same things in an audiobook that you do in one you'll read?I've just started to listen to audiobooks recently. All of them have been books that I've already read though. I'm still a little skeptical if it'll work for me, mostly because I have tended to zone out in the past when I tried to listen to a book and never retained anything.
5. Can you suggest a book of each type for others to try:Fantasy - A Game of Thrones
Nonfiction - Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Fiction - The Hunger Games
Romance - The Notebook
Classics - Pride and Prejudice
Young Adult - The Fault in Our Stars
This Month's bookThis month's book was The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I had just finished reading it for a Summer Reading Challenge so it was great timing. I can understand why it's a book that's been loved for years and is honestly one of the only books-to-screen where I've ever thought that the movie lived up to the book.
Join in the discussion on Twitter tonight at 7pm CST with #LiteraryJunkies.
Want to be a Literary Junkies member? Join us on Facebook or Good Reads.