This week's 30 Things is...
Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
Oh, sometimes I feel like I could go on and on with pet peeves but I'll stick to the ones that really bug me.
1. When someone leaves less than a cup of something in a carton.
It drives me crazy when I open the refrigerator to get something to drink or pour milk and find out the carton in practically empty. Thanks a lot.
2. People who don't follow the flow of traffic in the school parking lot.
Our school did a wonderful job restructuring the parking lot this year so there is plenty of space to wait in your car and for other cars to go around you. But there's always that one car that double parks so NO ONE can get around.
3. Drivers who don't use their blinkers.
Pretty self explanatory. I think our county has more than its fair share though.
4. The heavy mechanical noises in some music lately.
I like pop music and a lot of contemporary music but I can't stand the heavily processed music all over my radio lately. I'm looking at you Demi Lovato.
5. Shoppers who park their cart on one side of the aisle and then look for something on the other side of it.
Does this happen to you? The Meijer's I shop at has pretty big aisles so it really shouldn't be the issue that it is. Why take up on side with your cart and then stand in the open space?
6. When I find dirty clothes laying around after I've already done laundry.
My oldest is so guilty of this right now that I had to actually make it a chore that she has to check off at night from her list. And to my husband- if you try to make a free throw of your socks (and anything else) at the laundry hamper and miss...well, please pick it up and go for a layup.
7. The absolutely awful commercial that are on tv.
I can't believe some of the awful commercials on lately. Some are so sexist that it makes me cringe or just so awkward that I can't believe the company actually paid someone to come up with it.
8. Chewing with your mouth open.
I don't really have to explain that do I? It is kinda cute though when my little man does it though because of the face he makes. Hopefully, he'll grow out of it?
9. Seeing children out in winter with no shoes, no hat while the parents are bundled up within a inch of their life.
I don't like being cold and I always dress my kids up or send them with more than they need. You don't need your hat? That's okay but at least you have it. I hate seeing little babies with no shoes on in winter time or just pj's at the the store. It's 20' out people!
10. Having the television up too loud.
I don't mind noise. I like hearing kids run around and play. I even like loud music. But a loud television sounds like sitting next to the speaker at a rock concert to me. I wish there was a way to lock the volume control.
Most of these are really no big deal in the grand scheme of things and may seem eye-roll worthy to some but it's another part of what makes me, me. Some days they can really bother me and others I can let it go. Except the blinker thing. I really can't stand that.