It's the third Tuesday of the month and that means it Literary Junkies day! Literary Junkies is the wonderful linkup from Taylor and Lesley for all the bookworms out there. And it's not just a linkup either, there's also a twitter party today as well (#literaryjunkies) to join in with.
On to the questions...
1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it.I am currently reading Too Hot To Handle by Victoria Dahl. It's a great mix of good story and strong characters too. Sometimes what I pick to read is based on my mood at the time and this weekend I was looking for something happy and funny.
2. Recommend a book that has changed your perspective on life.
I was 12 years-old the first time I read Number the Stars and it was the first book that ever made me cry. We'd only really glossed over this time in history at school so I "knew" in my young mind what it was about but reading all about Annemarie and her family really brought it home. My grandfather had been in the war and had shared some stories but it was after reading this we sat down and he told me more of what he'd seen as a young man. Those weeks have always stuck with me.
3. What book do you recommend the most to people?
Lately my book discussions have been more about children's book that adult books. We are knee deep in reading month at our elementary school and I've been preparing for the book fair at the end of the month. Some of the books that will go on my recommended shelf are Ten on a Sled, More Bears and Mommy Carry Me Please.
4. What are the top 3 books on your "to-read" list?
I have a few book reviews coming in the next month and I'm looking forward to reading Headed For Trouble, Lover At Last and Love Irresistibility.
5. What do you "do" while reading? (i.e. listen to music, eat) Any weird reading habits?
I absolutely zone out when I am reading. My husband swears the roof could cave in and I wouldn't notice. I mostly read now when the kids are at school or in the evening after everyone has gone to bed. It's my quiet time and it's my favorite way to wind down at the end of the day. And if it's been a long day there may be some Coke and chocolate involved.