We used to eat really healthy around here. We used to go for walks in the evening. We used to not spend so much time watching tv and playing video/computer games. We really don't do it that often and mostly (I tell myself) because it was really, really hot all summer and it was just too hot spend a lot of time outside and "cook" a big meal.
The kids would still choose going outside and running around over games/tv and I want to keep it that way. I also need to learn to "practice what I preach" meaning I can't tell them pop is bad and eat your veggies while I'm drinking a glass of Coke and eating pizza. Not that I have pop and pizza everyday, but you get the idea. So we're going to eat better meals and wean myself off the Coke. I believe in starting big changes in small goals so I don't become too overwhelmed.
- We eat out way too much. Like 3-4 times a week (including lunch) too much.
- I but fruits/veggies but a lot of the time they go bad/spoil before we eat them.
- I have almost all of Jillian Michaels dvd's but I've only watched/used two of them.
- Both my family and my husband side have health issues related to eating habits. I don't want myself or my children to have those ailments.
- We don't drink as much water as we should. Not by a long shot.
- I can rationalize almost any reason to have a can of Coke.
- To work out a minimum of 3 days a week and take a walk/play outside on the other days.
- To work out a meal plan that's a healthier version of the kids' favorite foods.
- Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day. I know it's recommended 8 glasses but I don't want to fail that right off the bat.
I'm going to aim for a weekly update and adjust my goals from there. My number one goal - drink less pop/more water.
Oh boy, wish me luck!
linking up with...