Material possessions are easy to come by and some are hard to let go. Some on my list are sentimental and some are just plain make my life easier. I'd need to add way more then ten to remotely feel complete but this is a little mix of the sentimental and make life easier sides.
1. My laptop. I probably (no, I'm pretty sure I do) spend too my time on here goofing off when I'm bored and just plain wasting time but it's also my connection to the outside world as as SAHM. I can email teachers when plans change, I keep in contact with friends, and I digital scrapbook as well.
2. I used to agonize over which book I wanted to take when I left the house. What if I finished it or got bored with it? I love my Kindle Fire for the ability it gives me to read any book I want, wherever I want. And for the amazing fact that my Little Man can watch Blues Clues whenever he wants thanks to Instant Streaming.
3. I take pictures. LOTS of pictures. Thousands of pictures. When I was younger the camera only came of for special events or birthdays. I know what every birthday cake I ever had looks like and what Halloween costumes I wore. I takes (lots) of pictures of those events as well, but I love that my kids will be able to look back and have reminders of the everyday things they did too. Like when dressed up in superhero capes, swim goggles, and cowboy boots. Their future significant others will love that!
4. The coffee pot. I've had this particular machine forever. And it's still as reliable as the day I bought it. I never thought I'd be one of those people with a coffee addiction...but I am.
5. This is my favorite cup in the whole world. My Queen B bought it for me with her own money a long time ago because "Mom likes Coke. You need to drink your Coke in a Coke glass." Bless her little heart.
6. My sister brought this back from a trip to Chicago and I love it. I've never really had a trinket box but it fits my everyday jewelry so well. And it looks a little Audrey Hepburn-ish too.
7. Along the same lines as my photo albums, I love my scrapbook albums. In them I can tell the story behind the pictures and make the memory last forever.
8. My Grandfathers hat. He wore this everyday for as long as I can remember. I've never washed it and it still has the sawdust on it from the last time he wore it outside. This is something I'll never part with.
9. The cards from our wedding. We've been married 10 years this month and someday I want to make a small book out of them. Some of the people that were there have passed or we last contact with but it's a reminder of who was important that day of our life.
10. Last but not least, the pants that each of my children wore home from the hospital. The onesie changed with the seasons they were born in but the pants remained the same. I love that each of their little butts came home for the first time with something the same.
linking up with...